Thursday, February 26, 2009

From Pencil to Print to Digital to Television... whew!

What a week! Never in my wildest dreams did I think this story would be broadcast to the entire Sacramento/Stockton television market area, which includes Manteca, even reaching coworkers in Modesto. Talk about unanticipated results from informing the local press…


The Friday after City Council meeting last week, I got a call from the Sun Post newspaper to schedule an interview this last Monday. The weekly paper publishes tomorrow (Friday). This is exactly what I hoped for – that I could get my case noticed by the press.

* * * * *

But, then… the news story below appeared on the Manteca Bulletin website late Monday night, also a direct result of my presentation to City Council of my research report. Dennis did a great job of laying out the case for his readers.

Ice machine fight escalating: Fed up neighbor asks for council intervention

By Dennis WyattManaging Editordwyatt@mantecabulletin.com209-249-3532
POSTED Feb. 23, 2009 1:22 a.m.

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/news/article/1646/

* * * * *

The next day, on Tuesday, Channel 13’s local news producer picked up the story from the Manteca Bulletin website and sent out Andrea, and Carl her cameraman, to do a 2-minute spot for the 10 o’clock news on Wednesday night. (That’s the link below.) They had already been to the police department, had already tried to speak with Allen or Brassey (but were declined – more gently than was the Sun Post reporter – by Corky), and were waiting for me when I arrived home from work.

Manteca Neighbors In Ice Fight
CBS Channel 13
MANTECA (CBS13)
Feb 26, 2009 7:09 am US/Pacific

http://cbs13.com/local/manteca.ice.fight.2.944485.html

* * * *

What a night... What a week, so far...

.

No comments: